View Single Post

Old 03-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Platinum member

Sorry, but I was not, nor do I always defend the developer. Like you said, it's a funny thing that this is just now become objectionable. Is the OP entitled to an opinion....absolutely. Should they be invited to leave because of expressing an opinion....absolutely not!

I do have a problem with the ones who come here and immediately want to start changing things to their liking. Why can't we have fences, why can't the youngsters play pool, why can only people over 30 go to the neighborhood pools, why can't grandparents raise their grandchildren here in TV, why can't our friends from the outside come to the rec centers to play cards or other activities, why can't we have lawn ornaments, why can't we have all modern music; why do we have to listen to 40's - 50's - 60's, why do the "old" people have to drive and be in the way? And, the list goes on, and on, and on. This place is unique and there is no way to please everyone. Enjoy what you enjoy and let the others do the same....that's it. I don't enjoy Cody's or redsauce, but some do. Great! I have my favorite courses, rec centers, restaurants, activities; the others I leave to those who enjoy them. If not for all the rules, this place would become just like many other undesirable places. Even the retirement places around us that don't have as much to offer as here, have rules by which they must abide.

Something for EVERYONE. If not here, then maybe somewhere else; just don't try to change what many others like, have been accustomed to, and enjoy.

If anyone here is bored, it is not the fault of someone else.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."