View Single Post

Old 01-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default The Investigation Continues...With Amusement

I stopped by the CVCCD office this afternoon to see if I could get some answers regarding the new ACC committee that will be running all our rec centers, golf courses, pools and programs. I was trying to find out information like: will the ACC report to the CVCCD Supervisor; will the ACC have complete authority to manage all our recreation facilities and programs or just be "advisory"; will the ACC be elected or appointed; if it is to be appointed, who will be on the ACC (I surely hope it's not the five self-appointed "representatives" of the rest of us); and so on.

Not surprising given the fact that TV is a litigant in an as yet unadjudicated lawsuit, the employees there have all been instructed to answer with that old Three Stooges answer, "I don't know nothing". I was instructed to call the plaintiff's attorney, the Anderson & Anderson law firm to get any answers to my questions. I did call the law firm office but wasn't surprised when I had to leave my name and number on a machine. We'll see if the attorney calls back.

But I was amused by the plaintiff's attorney's statement in the Daily Commercial article (thanks Bimmer for posting it below). "The settlement represents a fair shake for both sides", said Carol Anderson, attorney for the plaintiffs. Hey, if you were going to get a $6.7 million payday as soon as the judge signs off on the deal, wouldn't you also characterize the settlement as a "fair shake"? I know I would.