View Single Post

Old 03-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
An accurate and exceptional summation of how the VCCDD works, Warren. However, this thread is about the removal of trees on land they should not be removed from. Evidently the authorities do not know for certain who is the responsible party. Where does conflict of interest come into this situation? Who would Janet Tutt protect?
First and very important, I would never say or insinuate Janet Tutt has done anything wrong. In the tree issue, I cannot offer a conflict of interest in this particular issue. Perhaps the developer had a hand in having the trees cut. There is simply not enough information to make a sound call.
Someone seemed to not have a full understanding how the governmental system works here in the Villages. Some people just love the way things are and are convinced that everything is hunky-dory. I am the realist, there are problems that could be improved with little effort. For some Supervisor/VCCDD conflict of interest I direct you to have a look at a couple that come to mind. The residents originally paying(reversed later) for a pond liner for on the private golf course property owned by the Developer.
Or the Purchase of the savannah Center for the sum of $80 million dollars. Or the magic gate erected overnight blocking all traffic between the Village residents and WalMart. Or the purchase of the Santiago Club for $350, 000 that will be demolished, leaving the District with nothing more than about a third of an acre of land. It was also discovered that the Santiago property had no parking and could not be reopened as a restaurant. The inspector hired by AAC advised the AAC board to NOT purchase this property. They did anyway. Every example I have offered concerned the Developer, the VCCDD, Janet Tutt and District Legal advisors. I am pleased yopu agree that my information appears accurate. But as the saying goes; where there is smoke there will be fire.