View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 05:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have lived in golf course communities for decades. The first one had a beautiful house with a myriad of windows built on a turn of the golf course.(NOT OURS)

EVERYONE in the community including all who liked the guy who built it there called him stupid.

How you look at it depends if you are a golfer, a beginner who doesn't play by the rules, a non golfer who plants things near the back edge of their property, hoping for humankind to be nice, or a realist.

I've searched for lost balls in places I shouldn't sometimes, in the water, in the heavy bullrushes where there are snakes, but not in people's yards. But only for a minute or two. I have been playing with the same pink ball now for almost a year.

Fortunatly/ unfortunately I don't hit them long enough anymore to lose track of them. When you hit a ball out of bounds you are supposed to....Well you know. Stroke and distance. The casual golf played on executive courses where most people don't even keep score is unlike the golf most of us grew up on.

NO ONE should come into your yard. It is not nice.

I am sorry about your butterfly plants Kitty. But even bad golfers who aren't nice are loved by the butterfly maker.