View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I agree with you but there is no upside for the Villages Entertainment to do this as it potentially puts their employees in a confrontational position with a customer. Roping off seats does not impact revenue or safety and does not violate any laws. I have only seen them enforce "no chairs is the aisles" as this is a safety issue. It is obnoxious behavior but I don't think you will see any changes being made. We always bring our own chairs and get there early if it a group we want to see. In a another month it won't be as much of a problem.
The upside for the entertainment department is to prevent confrontations between residents or other audience members in the squares. Eventually a physical confrontation is going to break out between people who rope off the seats and someone who removes the ropes. Add a few people in the area who have had a few adult beverages and it could possibly escalate into something bigger.

I doubt that the entertainment department or the The Villages or the merchants surrounding the squares would want the negative publicity that would go along with such and incident.

Remember ho the sex on the square incident made the national and international news? Imagine what fun the press would have with a bunch of seniors rioting while Scooter the DJ played on.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.