View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
Is the OP entitled to their opinion? ...... YES

Do I find them personally objectionable? ..... no

Do I find it personally objectionable that the OP was invited to "leave" by the 9th post of the thread for the heinous crime of expressing their opinion? ....... YES!!

Would I have the signs in question in my home .... no (just not my style)

Is their a MAJOR difference in what is acceptable to display in your own home and a public (and yes the Rec Center is a public) facility? ....... YES!!

Their are sooooooooo many on this board that rush in to defend anything that is in any way connected to TV and "The Developer", it is kinda amazing to me. "The Developer" did an excellent job of conceptualizing and executing a business plan. HOWEVER, "The Developer" and those in charge of the VCCDD, CCD are NOT omnipotent! They have, are and will make mistakes and errors in judgement.

Was the placement of these double entree signs a mistake or error in judgement? Considering that this Rec Center has been open for about 10 years or so, you would probably have to say that has not offended enough people to be a problem. However, if would have been my decision to hang them .... I would have said no. Given the location.
Excellent post. Agree with all issues you have pointed out. The Villages is a classy place. I believe the pictures are tastless and speak to a sexist bygone era that is no longer acceptable in a public place. They should be removed.