View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Agree with the idea to stop roping. I too have gone to the square late afternoon thinking I'd find a seat in which to enjoy Scooter, only to find "the best" seats, roped off. If people only used the chairs, it wouldnt irritate so much, but often the roped seats sit vacant for a good part of the entertainment. I suppose the "ropees" went to supper, first.
I think the whole interior dance and seating space of the square should be roped off until 4:30, when a chair could be handed to people as they walk in. They'd have to stand in line starting a half hour before, at 4:00, and if they cannot behave in line, they get booted to the back of the line.

Yes, event staff would have to be there to monitor the line and send the bullies to the back of the line, like babysitters. Babysitters are needed for bratty kids who can't behave on their own.

I think also that the entertainment dept. should charge $1 to everyone as they get a chair, and then at 7:00, have a drawing for half the amount collected, and put the other half toward the musicians' pay. Make a rule that the drawing winner must be present and seated in his/her chair.

People abuse what is free of charge! Watch a company like T&D Pools or Florida Lotto toss free t-shirts from the bandstand into the crowd, and you'll see 70-year-old CHILDREN grabbing a t-shirt out of the hands of another person who caught it and is holding it with both hands. It's appalling!!