View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGER 2011 View Post
The Village expansion is growing rapidly. There is a growing need for a greater variety of restaurants; however, all we have is the same tired run-of-the-mill country clubs. We have a single owner that now controls four country clubs plus Scooples. I suggest this policy needs reviewed by The Village Corporation.

This single owner monoply also applies to other retail outlets such as barber shops...why only Cals?

Why NOT? This is not a plan, this is something that happened. If someone wants to run that many restaurants or Barber shops, why stop them?

There is nothing stopping anyone from opening a restaurant here. Or another barber shop.

I don't think our country clubs are bad or tired and the prices are sure right.

How would you remedy the problem? What if you were the one renting out the buildings? What exactly would you do??? The Villages can't force Chipotle that I like to come here. They can offer and if Chipotle were smart they would come, but not even restaurants know how BIG we are. Demographers are hopelessly behind the times on this place and demographers are who restaurants and businesses consult when they are looking for a place to open. TooJays knows how good the business is and we must all like it enough to support two places going on three. .