View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Veteran member

Well here is something that will raise your hair on the back of your neck.
The other day a golfer came 50' on my property to retrieve a ball 2' from a camera and 4' from a private property sign.
I was dressing in the bedroom when he walked by.
i immediately address him on the lanai and said SIR you are out of bounds. his reply was "LIGHTEN UP A*SHOLE"
Now this is a continuous over the last 2 years, I have been addressing it with the head of the golf courses in the Villages hired by the Mor*se.
Their have been tee box adjustments fairway have been over seeded with rye grass to give a better direction for the golfers.
But the course had a error by the surveyor and the construction of one of the holes and as the were building it it ended up 50' away from a hole and it was clear that they made a mistake.
This was found out recently and i became very disturbed. However it is now all clear in why i have 10 balls a day on my property sometimes.
Well needless to say i am at my wit's ends with disrespectful golfers which the golf course is responsible for there action and don't believe what they tell you, the head of the golf courses told me this today.
"Additionally as we’ve discussed, we do our best to educate golfers to respect the privacy of those homes adjacent to course property. However, in the end, we have no control over golfers actions and cannot be responsible for them. Ultimately this is a matter between the golfer and homeowner when it comes to any damage or trespassing matters"
Don't believe that nonsense from anyone at the courses or any representative of the god almighty.
I am thinking of forming a committee to address this with all of us that has had to put up with this behavior and starting a class action lawsuit.
There can be a deterrent's by put signs up at golf starter shacks, but i am told that may offend someone.
Well what about our right to reasonable privacy.
I don't mind a golfer coming in 2 or 3 feet to retrieve a ball, but the other day they where in my neighbors 25k landscaping standing on his bushes, i said really is a ball worth dis respecting someones property, he said something sarcastic and throw two balls on my lawn that had damage to them, apparently they weren't good enough for him.
Lets see how much trouble this starts in his post. I have had enough in the attitude around here from disrespectful golfers.