View Single Post

Old 01-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Cane Garden Insensitivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig
:joke:Very nice attitude. Did you just get off an 18 hour drive from somewhere or are you just normally like that?

Jeeeeez
ROFLMAO - but seriously, I was scheduled to meet two other couples for breakfast at Glenview. When I got there, I asked for seating for 6 so they put us at a table for 8. When the second couple showed up, they said that the third couple decided not to come. I was a little embarrassed because I now had this big table. When I mentioned it to the waitress she happily moved us to a table for four. This caused extra work in cleaning up the place where we had sat with our drinks.

I kind of have to agree that you wait until the entire group arrives.

I also don't mind the post about having singles sit together - as long as both parties are agreeable and at the same stage of dining. I did that in the service and at one of the places I worked and I always met new friends.

I also think that when you are done and you see couples or groups waiting, you should not sit and dally. Give the others a chance to enjoy a meal. There are times when I think the waiter should see this and offer the table their bill. That would be a hint to pay and move to the bar if they want to continue the conversation. Or order something else.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.