View Single Post

Old 03-10-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I thought I share this response with everyone as it is one of the hot button issues in TV.

Thank you taking the time to inquire about chairs and offer suggestions. This is an issue that is very difficult to control during our busiest months and during special events. Some of our regular guests elect to bring their own chairs during this time to ensure a comfortable and more enjoyable experience.

We ask and announce that people not save chairs or if they are saving for a friend and themselves to remain with the chairs. I have no way to enforce it or to know who might be shopping, on the dance floor or perhaps in the restroom.

We do remove some of the ropes and taping if it's early in the day and no one is present. Oddly enough as soon as we remove the ropes and walk around the square the chairs are retied within a short period of time.

We will continue to make service announcements prior to the start of the evenings' performance and during the bands breaks. In addition I will try to add a notation to my daily Ad in hopes that public awareness will help.

If you have any additional comments or suggestions please feel free to email me directly.

Sincerely,
Barbara

Barbara A. Vesco
Director
Villages Entertainment & Special Events
1070 Canal Street
The Villages, Fl. 32162
Office (352) 750-5411
Cell (352) 267-8354
Thanks for sharing, but it only proves that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing! We go to the square(s) quite often, and have NEVER heard a public service announcement regarding the saving of chairs. Smoking, yes. Reserving seats--never. I think Ms. Vesco needs to pay a visit to a square so that she knows what the announcement really is.