View Single Post

Old 03-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Any brand that is 48V with a configuration of eight 6-volt batteries will give you the maximum range of an electric cart. This is for today's standard "wet" batteries. Someday, improved batteries (lithium ion, etc) may become affordable and extend the range to greater distances between charges.
I was quoted a range of 50 to 60 miles but have noticed my cart does get slower when I get near the 50 mile range. I have 8-6v Trojan batteries in my cart.

I would recommend to have installed an automatic distilled water refiller as I find this to be so easy to maintain the water levels, in my batteries.

It was also recommended to get a "Battery Minder" trickle charger in addition to a regular charge type device. I was told that if one drive less than 15 miles per day, to use to trickle charger to recharge the batteries. It also desulfates the batteries. If one goes more than 15 miles, use the regular charger.

Check your water levels every month. I was informed one may extend the time between buying new batteries by doing the above. Possible change batteries every 5 years as opposed to three years.

Stay tuned....

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).