View Single Post

Old 01-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Fact or Fiction - Attacks at ****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm01
I believe that this post should be deleted. For several reasons really, The person who started the topic has very limited activity on totv over a long period of time, which makes me wonder if they are From the Villages or and outsider and whats their intent. If they are from the Villages please forgive me, but if not I feel that there are other motives running here. Taking pot shots that hurt a community or its people is not right. 2nd please look or subscribe to the Ocala Newspaper they have crime blotters that cover our area in the Villages. To think crime does not exist is foolish to say the least and the Villages Sun does cover them but maybe not to the extent we all would like.

In this case I believe the post should be deleted esp if it was by an outsider.
She looks like a Villager according to her previous posts.

Google "rape" and "statistics".

You will get information like this--

"SILENT VICTIMS :

One of the most startling aspects of sex crimes is how many go unreported. The most common reasons given by women for not reporting these crimes are the belief that it is a private or personal matter and the fear of reprisal from the assailant.

Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

In 1994-1995, only 251,560 rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials -- less than one in every three. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)"

Tony has done the best he could do with the resources available. Think he made a very good call to keep this up.