View Single Post

Old 03-11-2015, 03:03 PM

We have been to Oahu, Hawaii (Big Island), Maui, Kauai too many times to count. We started out loving Oahu ~ just a fun place to go to for the beach & crazy Waikiki. We've seen a lot on the island & would suggest a rental car for a day or two to see more of the island than Waikiki. We still love Oahu however for only a couple of days or a stopover on the way to an outer island. We have been to Maui over 20 times, very pretty, very nice but getting way too commercial. It's gotten way too touristy for us. For the past 5 years we've been going to the Big Island. Very friendly, more casual than Maui, a real hawaiian feel! Plenty to see and do, the different sides of the island is very different. We always rented a condo on the water and our only complaint was that the waves were too loud with the door open! Don't we wish we had that problem every day! Kauai is 'roll up the streets by 5p' and absolutely gorgeous! Very green and lush...people are super friendly. I would suggest the Poipu area as it is a bit dryer than the other side. As far as a cruise, if this is a 'one time trip', I would do the cruise from Honolulu ~ not from Cali! You will waste too much time cruising back and forth from CA to HI! If you have any specific questions, please PM me and I would be more than happy to answer any questions that I can. If I don't know, I will let you know.