View Single Post

Old 03-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You might want to call back and ask what the current "deals" are. If you are unhappy, ask for a supervisor. This may not yield a better result but it is worth a try. The first people you speak to may not be empowered to make you happy. A supervisor may be able to apply a "good customer" discount. The technical support folks have given me a discount on the spot for what was essentially a miscommunication. Be persistent but polite and ask to have it escalated. I have found CenturyLink to be pretty reasonable but who you talk to does matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsheckley View Post
We subscribed to CenturyLink in 2/2014. Signed a 2 year, fixed price, contract for $125/month.
Went on vacation for 10 weeks starting in 5/2014. Took advantage of the vacation policy, which reduced the monthly charge while we were away.
Returned in 7/2014 and started regular service. The July bill arrived with a balance due of $200+. I called CL and got the bill adjusted to $125. August bill arrived with balance due of about $180. Got the bill adjusted to $125. September bill had balance due of $140. Got it adjusted to $125.
This process has continued thru the current month. I was always assured that it is not correct. Yeah, right!

I have settled for $155 as I was told the "2 year plan" is no longer available.

I was finally told yesterday that when a customer returns from vacation, the plan starts over, and all previous discounts are lost. What a devious way to do business.

I may not have taken the "vacation option" and continued to pay the $125/month, if I had know about their policy.

I plan to look at other options. Hope this note helps someone.