View Single Post

Old 03-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Leesburg has a really good hospital, particularly for Orthopaedics and Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery. The cardiac surgery program is ranked 3rd in a state with a number of really good programs. You should also know that TV Hospital and Leesburg are part of a system called Central FL Health Alliance, so they have the same management...and same physicians for the most part. I have watched the healthcare industry grow here in central FL for the past 25 years. It has come a long way, both in facilities and physicians, as well as the quality of care. Sure, it has room to go, but for most everything I would stay here for my care. I am very pleased with the physicians I personally have here, and am really picky having worked with physicians for more than 40 years.

I would also note that it is uncommonly difficult to manage the swings in patient volume that occur when Season brings another 25-30K people to our community. I've not been happy on one or two occasions with TVRH myself. But I've contacted administration to let them know. They can't fix a problem unless they know it exists. And I believe they are genuinely interested in fixing things. It is in their best interest to do so, as well as in our interests.
I have a girlfriend who is a nurse at Leesburg who says that while they are the part of Central FL Health Alliance, and have the same management they are not the same.