Thread: King vs Burwell
View Single Post

Old 03-13-2015, 10:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I've never said any of those things. You seem to think that because I've said that a progressive tax system is more "fair", somehow I'm a screaming liberal with mental problems wanting to confiscate people's earnings.

I believe in fiscal conservatism. I believe in a strong defense. I believe in a progressive tax system. I don't like Hillary. I've only voted for a Democrat once in my life.

But according to you, it's easy to spot me as a liberal. Talk about arrogance. Not to mention stupidity.

By the way, the first U.S. income tax was instituted during the Civil War. By an overwhelmingly Republican congress. It was progressive.
My CENTRAL premise is correct. YOU have no issue with passing confiscatory tax rates, and all sorts of special "soak the rich" additional taxes, on others because YOU will never be subject to them! You can spout your philosophy all day, but in the end, that's why you maintain your support of "progressive tax rates". At least be honest.

It's ridiculous on its face that 20% of the citizens carry the huge bulk of the tax load. The tax base must be broadened. Regardless of its origin, a progressive tax system is a liberal notion of confiscating the wealth from a few to redistribute to the many. It is opposite of everyone paying their "fair share". It is the epitome of liberalism.

A flat tax or national sales tax is "fair" to all. No one is treated differently. The "wealthy" will OBVIOUSLY still pay FAR MORE due to the larger dollar amount of their income or purchases. It will still be strongly bifurcated with the relatively few carrying the load, but all citizens will pay SOMETHING!

Now, try not to blow a gasket (AGAIN) like a teenage girl sighting a spider!