View Single Post

Old 03-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi Polar Bear: We all approach problems/situations in a different manner. I've explained to folks before that I grew up with a father that had a John Wayne mentality meaning a man had to man up. As a kid I once said to him in response to a situation "that ain't fair" He laughed and said no kidding. Actually he used two other words (No ----) but I avoid swearing just not in my DNA that's my mother's influence.

So the issue at hand here is "overcrowding" "Overcrowding carries with it a natural negative connotation, except I am sure in this case The villages Lake-Sumter, Inc., local businesses etc. won't think so nor will politicians because he brings in more income and tax money.

However to ordinary folks like us it has an adverse effect meaning longer lines, more wait times, being pushed off the "free for life"golf courses. etc. To wit ask someone what they felt when their tee time reservation came back "cannot accommodate " This of course makes my opinion not opinion but fact. If I wanted to live in New York City I would have moved there.

My John Wayne mentality upbringing means I face these issues as they are presented and deal with them without the need to sugar coat anything.
Either accepts reality and deal with it or ignores it and lets it work against him/her.

Too often on this forum I read where a poster opines that a member is being too negative when in reality the subject manner is negativity and not the writer .

On the other hand I do like The Villages and in my little corner the surrounding neighbors exhibit all that is good about living here. I thoroughly enjoy their company and find them to be truly caring human beings and frankly the nicest people I have ever met along my travels over the years.

I truly hope I haven't offended you or other posters because my intent was only to express my reality.

Personal Best Regards:
My father said this on to me a lot. I thought he coined it.
“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
― John Wayne

Chloe
&
Lulu