View Single Post

Old 03-14-2015, 12:08 PM

Wow, sounds like a resounding YES to the question about a need in TV for nurses as patient advocates.

Thanks Laurie2 for the reference. I think I've been on that site before but I'll go back on there again. Thanks.

Yes, nurses have been beat up over the years. Many retire with back problems, anxiety due to job/life stresses, knee problems, etc. Nursing has turned into a business of dollars rather than patients. We are no longer encouraged to be compassionate, rather . . . cost effective. We have become human capital in a corporate environment. I don't like it, not many nurses who do like it, only the ones who enjoy working overtime, 50-60 hrs. a week - for the money! The corporate managers would be the first ones to throw you under the bus should you make a mistake (give the wrong meds, for example) related to exhaustion.

Anyway, enough of that. I refuse to be negative - I have choices!!!!!!!

dbussone, would you mind PM'ing me the name of the person in TV who works as a patient advocate, if you have it. I actually wouldn't mind teaming up with someone. Or at best, we could help each other work better. Thanks.

Would still love to hear from others on this subject of marketability of a nurse patient advocate. And yes, Laurie2, there would be some "issues" to be prepared for should I venture out on my own; professional liability insurance (have it), advanced CPR training (have it), business plan (working on it), many hugs and smiles to go around (still have them!!). Thank you.