Thread: Publix Produce
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2015, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Isn't this political?. Like what Walmart pays their workers? I am just glad they have a job and they seem glad they have a job too.

Most of us started somewhere. My husband started on the loading docks breaking down the containers products were shipped in and sometimes it was freezing cold and sometimes it was awful hot. It was during the Berlin crisis when no one wanted to hire young men who might be drafted. I remember KCRazorback said he picked cotton on his family farm. Both my girls worked at McDonalds, for Helene she worked there for her whole working life.

Some people want Costco over Sam's because of these pay issues.

The migrant workers come here and work very hard. You wait and see what happens to them and to their children. They will rise and shine. They will be successful and they will populate the big money lists or their families will. I honor their very hard work just as I honor the people who put on roofs in the Florida summer.

That is what happens. People who work hard in hard conditions usually have got what it takes to continue to succeed.

The expectation that all jobs should pay the same in this country is unrealistic and very kind, but still, not how things work. Well it works in Communist countries.

More on this from the same political slant; http://www.democracynow.org/2014/11/...ilm_tracks_how

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-15-2015 at 07:12 AM.