View Single Post

Old 03-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The more I think about this, the size of The Villages will eventually be limited naturally. There are going to be a limited number of people who are retired in this country at any one time. Of those, not all are going to move to a retirement home. Of those that do, only a certain percentage are going to choose Florida. My sister wants to retire to Maine believe it or not. Of those that decide to move to Florida, it may be hard to believe, but not all will choose The Villages. So once the selling of new homes slows, The Villages will have reached their limit and people coming in will replace people leaving. Retirees are not an unlimited market. At some point the developers will realize that they have maxed out and will stop building.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.