Thread: King vs Burwell
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2015, 09:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Seriously, what's wrong with you?

I'll try to simplify this as much as I possibly can and I'll just hope you then understand. If not, I give up.

Let's reduce the entire US population to 5. 1 of those 5 pays nearly the entire tax bill and the top two pay it all combined. The bottom three, in varying degrees, receive money from the top two (via welfare, housing & energy assistance, tuition grants, food stamps, free cell phones, etc...)

Do you now understand how that "tax money" taken from the top two is "redistributed" or are you already lost? Is this simplified version what you call a "cockamamie delusion"?
Just because our current tax code is screwed up doesn't mean that a progressive tax code is, by definition a stupid, unfair liberal conspiracy to separate hard working job creators from their money. A progressive tax code that broadens the tax base and lowers tax rates would be great.

See - I've never argued that our current tax code is fair, balanced, optimal, etc. All I've ever said is that a progressive tax system is better from a fairness standpoint, then a flat tax. Somehow you got it in your head that I am in favor of our current tax situation, and that if we could take even more from rich people, it would be better. But I never said that. Then you got all mean and kept trying to tell me what I thought. So I got mean and sarcastic back.

A Flat tax is regressive. It takes the same percentage of tax from everybody. Whether they can afford it or not. A flat tax takes money from the working poor. And in the end, we're just going to give that money, and more, back to them. Just because it's easy to understand doesn't make it automatically better.