View Single Post

Old 03-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'll start. I play drums and rhythm guitar. I also do a bit of singing. I played drums in a band for about twelve years back in the 60s and 70s. We were a pop, rock, psych band called Dry Ice. We did an album that never went anywhere but you can find some of our stuff on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Iw...IsN8uD&index=1

We actually still have some fans.

Anyroad, after quitting the band I went on to a normal career and raised a family. I picked up guitar along the way and tried to sing. I loved the Beatles and would learn the chords to their songs. One day a friend told me that I sound a bit like John Lennon when I sing so I started focusing on John's Beatles material.

Then one day someone suggested that I start a Beatles band so I did. We went through several incarnations over the years and played a few gigs in the Boston area.

When I got to The Villages, I figured that there must be other Beatles fans here so I started a club called The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages. It's been a lot of fun and I've met a lot of great people including a lot of fantastic musicians. A few bands have been formed by people that met at our meetings including a band called Vinyl Recall in which I play drums, rhythm guitar and sing. (No, not all at the same time)

Although I love playing in Vinyl Recall. We rehearse once a week and only play out about once a month. I'd like to play out more. I have no intention of leaving Vinyl Recall but would like to have another working band to play in. It would have to be either a Beatles band or an oldies band. I'm not into too much newer music.

Ideally, I would like to play out eight to ten times a month.

So if you have a band or are interesting in starting a project, PM me and we can get together and see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.