View Single Post

Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Default Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

Plan2beforever................Yes, replacing the bateries ever 2 years is terrible BUT........I talked at length with an engineer from Trojan (the battery manufacturer) and he did his calculations and says the way we use our cart (15 miles a day, 5 days a week) our batteries will only last 2 1/2 years. The golf cart salesmen either don't know, or are not telling us that how we use our carts determines how long the batteries will last. Each battery only has so many "Charge" cycles in it, and if you run the batteries down to 80% discharge before charging, you will have fewer charge cycles than if you charged it after the batteries were down to 20 % discharge.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I firmly believe that TROJAN has a problem with the reliability of their batteries. My friend has an electric that is 18 months old..........he's starting to have battery problems. Another friend has a PAR car..........he's having battery problems after only a year. I recently replaced my final 2 batteries and went with Exide batteries to see how they perform. Can anyone tell me where the Trojan batteries are manufactured ?

I'd like to hear about anyone's battery problems.

Regards
Mark