View Single Post

Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Single Newcomer Reception

Herb, I would say that you'll discover that any physical challenge you may have will interfere very little in your ability to have fun here.

While I'm no longer so disabled that I even qualify for a placard, at one time I was severely disabled, so I'm used to looking at things from the viewpoint of whether I will be able to get to a place, do a thing, etc. You'll find that there's really very little you won't be able to join and do if you have the desire. Some of the dance classes may be out of your reach (okay, probably all of them) and unless you have a special cart, etc., golf may not be feasible. Ditto tennis or pickleball. But there are clubs for your region, any special hobby or collection you have, games galore, traveling, etc. No way you won't keep yourself as busy as you like. The Squares are very conducive to chairs, canes, walkers and crutches. (If you're in a chair, I can even teach you a trick or two in how to dance in one if you don't know how already. )

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein