View Single Post

Old 03-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default TOTV'rs are very fortunate

to be able to tap the knowledge of members like you. Thank you, hope all is well with my little laptop...Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
A restore point is a snapshot of all the settings from an earlier time when the computer was working fine before something new was installed deliberately by the owner or maliciously by someone else.

This also means that the newest good updates from microsoft or Acer are also missing. So do a windows update. I also think your machine will automatically check with acer and microsoft for updates.

But I would avoid java updates or anything else without googling it. I like chrome better than IE internet explorer.

Here's a good tip.
Do you know if you can log into your computer as a guest? When you go to the library and log in you are a guest. You can't install software without a password. Malware is software and it can't install either without a password.

When you log in as an administrator or if your account has administrator rights, than you have already granted permission for you and others to install good and bad software.