Thread: TV Fees
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: TV Fees

Biker B:

redwitch and frangyomory have it pretty well nailed down for you.

I'll add that there are many, many social clubs here [undoubtedly your TV neighborhood, quite likely your "up north" city/state/region, perhaps your old employer or a military group]. I belong to at least three of these. My total "annual dues" are $25!

Many groups have 50/50 pots at each meeting. The favorite going rate seems to be $2.00 will buy you three tickets. If you're lucky, you may recover that at the same meeting. If you're less lucky, it may take you all year to win back a few bucks!

Now and then, a social group may have a somewhat "fancier" get-together, for which you may be expected to fork over some bucks per person - maybe even as much as $10! Wow! In any case, you're expected to BYO, so you can be as cheap or as exotic as you want! Often, you're asked to "bring something to share!" Of course, you can spend a bundle or a pittance - depends on what you're comfortable with!

Bottom line, I guess, is that you can live a busy, fun partying kind of life for really small bucks, if that's what you want or need!

As to entertainment, the shows at Savannah Center usually run $10-$20 per person per show. Many of the shows would probably cost you closer to $75 each in major metropolitan areas - and there's no guarantee that that $75 would get you anything better than what's on offer here!

SWR