View Single Post

Old 03-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was furious when I read this originally. She is a vacationer.
I love the fact that she tries to justify this by saying that she has a mobility problem. How many people in The Villages have some sort of mobility problem. Or maybe I should have asked how many don't.

As far as her asking what the difference is when someone gets up to dance or go the bathroom or get a drink, there is a huge difference. I think that anyone with any common sense can see the difference between that and going there at 3:00 and roping off chairs.

If you get a seat and intend to stay there, the seat should be yours. If you want to go to dinner or shopping you shouldn't be able to keep your seat. This creates a problem of how to know who is doing what. But I don't think that it's something that can't be solved
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.