View Single Post

Old 03-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
It is what it is. If I had guests in town and wanted to take them to the St Pats parade I would go early and save seats.

No different than people all over this great country that go to July 4 fireworks and set up blankets, chairs, tents, etc for the best viewing.

I don't go to the parade anymore for myself because I've see it and I don't want to get there 4-5 hours beforehand for a seat.

The ONLY thing all this complaining will get you is NO EVENTS.
Upon starting this thread, I wrote specifically that I was NOT commenting on the parade-route spots and tables/chairs in the parking spaces people were saving curbside to see the parade. I wrote specifically and posted a photo about people roping off and marking entire rows and blocks of seats for themselves IN the square where people hope to come and sit down for a while, to see and enjoy the nightly live entertainment. We're talking about hogging rows and sections of chairs for the NIGHTLY entertainment.

As is stated above, many people are simply not coming to the squares because they have no chance of getting a seat. This is especially inconsiderate of people who are visiting, are on the Lifestyle Preview Stay, are new, or are here for only a few days or weeks. People who live here full-time or for half the year have this live entertainment available to them 365 or 182 nights per year, while visiting guests, prospective homebuyers, tourists, and Preview Stay people do not. It is selfish to not allow others to have a chance to sit down.

The really sad thing is, these seat savers do not even offer a seat to elderly or handicapped people who come there! Our kids were taught in Catholic school that they were to get up and offer their chairs to adults they saw trying to find one, and if they didn't, they were sanctioned. These K-8 students behaved better and they still offer their seats to others, out of respect, regardless of perceived/judged fitness or disability!

Courtesy is going to the dogs in this society, but The Villages has been known for its friendly and courteous treatment of others. It seems that is being pushed out by The Pushy Crowd.

Last edited by sunnyatlast; 03-17-2015 at 05:32 PM.