View Single Post

Old 03-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
It is what it is. If I had guests in town and wanted to take them to the St Pats parade I would go early and save seats.

No different than people all over this great country that go to July 4 fireworks and set up blankets, chairs, tents, etc for the best viewing.

I don't go to the parade anymore for myself because I've see it and I don't want to get there 4-5 hours beforehand for a seat.

The ONLY thing all this complaining will get you is NO EVENTS.
And the more I see of these things, the more I would like to see no events. I just got back from Publix. I had to take an alternate route. There was literally no place to park in the Publix parking lot. The closest space was down near Ace Hardware. There are golf carts parked all over the place. I saw three near miss accidents by people just trying to maneuver around all of the cars illegally parked. There were carts parked all along side the road going to bridge all the way up to the bridge.

It was an absolute madhouse. Anyone that wants to do anything in that area beside go to the event in the square is in big trouble.

I have seen enough parades in my life but, like you, if I had company with children, I'd go early and put my own chairs where we could watch the parade. I would never rope off or mark off any of the public chairs however. That should never be done and the entertainment department had better start policing it or there's going to be a big problem some day.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.