View Single Post

Old 03-17-2015, 07:11 PM

I have dealt with wheaten rescue for over 13 years. She is young, so will quickly make the transition to your home. One recommendation I make for all rescues is to tether them to you for at least a week or two. First, it bonds them to you (if you have a partner - let them tether too). Just take a standard leash and secure it to your body - loop it through a belt hole or wrap around you. She will go everywhere with you. Second, it makes for easy potty training. You will train her when and where to go potty. Lots of rewards for any type of piddle or poo... all positive reinforcements. Not sure if you are crating her or not, but it can be a safety valve for them when you have company or they are feeling insecure. Zip her in at night - keep it in your bedroom - so she associates sleeping with the pack. So much I can say, but she will begin to adapt as long as you prove to be a good pack leader (which I'm sure you will). Don't buy into her shyness... don't baby her - just give her positive encouragement... She has nothing to fear now, she is with you and you will protect her... You are the leader of the pack.