View Single Post

Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Sadly, given past history, it is more likely that all chairs would be removed before those in charge would enforce a rule. seems the solution by those in charge is to ignore a problem until too many complain and then come up with most Draconian solution short of losing money. The entertainment will continue since it draws people to the squares, stores and restaurants and is a big part of the lifestyle advertised.

I guess that leaves it to individuals to take it upon themselves to remove ropes, etc. and plop themselves down. Maybe cards could be made citing the rule and leaving it with the offenders' items?
If YOU were in charge...WHAT would YOU do????? YOU really cannot follow through. YOU can say, yell, sign, stomp and have a hissy fit but that is about it. The only solution is to wait until minutes before the event and dole out the chairs.

Just what would YOU do if you were the people being criticized. Then as soon as the chairs are doled out and the folks are reminded and the signs go up, you will have some people calling the entertainment staff the chair ...No I cannot type that word.

It is an unsolvable problem. NO ONE CAN TELL ME what the "negligent, greedy, wussy" people can do to stop chair saving.

Can't you see the numerous meetings the unseen smart people have had and hashed this over and over?????? They are trying to respect our being adults and trying to continue to "sell" the friendliest home town. I cannot blame THEM.