View Single Post

Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

First the regulation for RC aircraft is no higher then 400 ft AGL and must remain insight of the operator. You are required to inform helipad operations at a hospital if you are flying close to their airspace because of the altitudes they fly on approach. You are not required to inform the FAA if you are flying in uncontrolled airspace. You may not fly your aircraft within class B or C airspace. Registered aircraft must maintain 1000 above a heavily populated area and 500 feet above a sparcely populated area. So if the registered aircraft are sticking to the rules then these new Aircraft called Drones should never get in their way. Many of the Drone manufactures have added a database of the class A and B airspace into the Drone Computer. If the Drone is within the Airspace it will not take off. As a private pilot I understand he rules, however since there is no requirement for some one who owns a Drone and we have seemed to loose our common sense on matters such as this, I believe there needs to be some mandatory training for people that fly anything. My pilot skills are reviewed by an instructor every two years.