View Single Post

Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The more I think about it, the more I realize that we're fighting a losing battle. As long as the squares are full, what does the entertainment staff care about a piddly little seat saving problem. The squares are full of people who are buying drinks and patronizing the vendors, restaurants and shops around the squares. If you look at it objectively, the squares are a huge success.

We are the people in the old joke who are saying, nobody ever goes there anymore because it's too crowded.

I think for a lot of us who have been hear for a while, it's not worth the effort to go to the squares and see the same old bands and DJs. We don't care about vendor's nights because we've seen the same vendors there every time. The squares are not for us. They are a sales tool. They are for the new people that come here. As long as people are buying houses, renting for the season and vacationing here they will have plenty of people going to the squares. As long as there are thousands of people there every night, it's a huge success and there are no problems.
You got it! If "management" wanted to end seat saving, they would. They would send a couple of staff through at 4:30 to 4:45 PM to cut down the ropes and take up the cushions. They would only have to do that a few times and word would spread. What would that really cost?