View Single Post

Old 03-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Default How are things in guacamole. . .

If you want to serve guacamole, I suggest making a run to the Farmers Market here.

There you will find a vendor who is making the guacamole right there in front of you. They also make salsa and sell bags of chips to go with.

Their guacamole is really good. They sure know how to choose an avocado.

If you do this though, I would suggest serving it fairly quickly because it is fresh and can turn brown sooner than the stuff in those little tubs in the grocery, in the case with the hummus.

I have not been to the Farmers Market for a while, but I assume the guacamole people are still a part of it. The Brownwood market is on Saturday. There is also a Farmers Market on Thursday at Spanish Springs. I think they might be there, too. Maybe somebody here will know for sure.

You could make a pitcher of sangria to go with the guacamole and chips. There are lots of ways to do that. I soak fruit in Grand Marnier. -- I used to use brandy. -- After the fruit has soaked for a while, fill the pitcher with wine and gently mix. Give it a little time to blend all those flavors in that pitcher.

I serve the sangria in glasses not quite full and have the guests top their own drinks with a little club soda or 7 Up or both. That way they can adjust it to their own sweetness. Also by serving it that way, you don't lose that little bit of sparkle that gets lost if you put the club soda or pop in the pitcher. -- The sweetness of your sangria will, of course, vary by the wine choice, too. I used to use Lambrusco. But now I like a drier wine. You can make white wine sangria, too. White sangria can be pretty wonderful when fresh peaches are in season.