View Single Post

Old 03-19-2015, 10:17 AM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms36 View Post
Were in the same boat. We have four major life moments we're considering; buying a house, selling a house, moving (far), and retiring.

We thought we were ready to pull the trigger during our Christmas visit and actually were ready to write a contract on a house. We decided to go back home and think it over. Well here we are three months later and cant make a decision.

I think for us the bigger worry is retiring. Going from a life of earning and saving to spending is what we're trying to cope with.

We are planning on another visit in June and will see what happens.

Deciding to retire is huge but trust me, you will NEVER look back. I'll tell you what my father told me - you won't spend as much money as you did when you were working so get out and enjoy it! He was right. I've been retired 15 years now and realize I spent much more when I was working. Giving up that security blanket is hard but once you're gone, you wonder why you ever doubted it. If you were told tomorrow that you had a serious health problem, what would you do? You're wasting precious time working. I don't know anyone who said "I wish I had worked another day."