View Single Post

Old 03-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Our Financial Advisor says we are in beautiful shape and money is not an issue. We live in Maryland and can't wait to get out of this too liberal state. Have lived here all my 68 years and have family here and in NJ. Close knit Italian-Irish-German family who think you are a traitor if you leave the fold. No children but lots of nieces and nephews. Change is very difficult for me as I'm sure it is for many. I feel like I'm making my first sky dive, I'm at the door of the plane and can't jump! Its nice to hear so many say that they felt the same way I do right now and it seems to have worked out for so many of you. We are going to rent a furnished house for a year so I'm coming down in May to find a place. God willing, the answers will come. I thank ALL of you for being so gracious with your time and thoughts. It has helped immensely.
I remember my mom telling me about her life in Jersey City when she was a girl. That would be 80 years ago. Our Italian-Irish family all lived in the same neighborhood. Every now and then someone would try and move out to another neighborhood in Jersey City. There would be a bon voyage party and lot's of tears. She said everyone only lasted a couple of months before they got homesick and moved back into the old neighborhood.

Now we take planes like they took buses. How far away is Maryland by plane?

Last edited by tomwed; 03-19-2015 at 11:30 AM.