View Single Post

Old 03-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I have to respectfully disagree, Gracie. As you know, I agree with you most of the time. I believe that the rule, if one actually exists can be enforced. The entertainment staff would be the ones to enforce it. If people refuse to comply, then it would be time to get the police involved. I think that the police would have the power to arrest or at least threaten to arrest on grounds of not complying with an officer or public drunkeness.

I really don't think there would be very many instances where the police would get involved. In 99% of the cases, people would comply with the staff member.

I think that the police have the authority to assist in enforcing rules. They certainly get involved with crowds at sporting events and concerts when people are being unruly. Often, these people are not breaking a specific law, but are violating the rules of the venue.

Most people would comply when told that their not allowed to save seats by the staff. For the very few instances of people who refuse, most of them are not going to argue with an officer of the law. That leaves very, very few people who will become a problem. And for those very few, the police can take action. Having a few people arrested would stop the problem in a hurry.
Jim,
There is NO real problem with seats. You have been to Lake Sumter Landing and know if a person arrives earlier than showtime, there will usually be seats available. People leave at the end of the first set and more chairs are available.

People do take roped off chairs when no other seating is available. Once again, no major arguements have occurred.

Police are not going to arrest Villagers for saving a couple of seats for friends. I do not believe anyone should try to save a large block of seats. If no one is in those seats, take them. If half are occupied, they are already taken.

In another month, this entire issue can be put on hold until next year.