View Single Post

Old 03-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
What I would recommend before hiring a landscaper. I'm writing this from my own personal experience. I just had my landscaping completed by a landscaper that is being ruined by his help. If he isn't there to literally babysit the laborers they sit around smoking and probably accomplish 2 hours of work in 7 hours. My landscaping should have taken no more than 4-5 days at the most. It took 9 days and rain was not a factor. My suggestion is no matter how great the plan is and how articulate the owner is do yourself a favor and before you sign on the dotted line ask where the company is currently working. Get an address and watch the workers for at least a half an hour. Try not to let them know you're watching them. If they aren't working the way you would expect them to on your property go on to another company. I won't name the landscaper I went with because it wouldn't be fair to him. He is knowledgeable about which plants and palms should be placed in certain areas and his design is great. I can't explain the frustration and stress that I went through until the project was completed and it was a fairly large job. There was extensive damage to my grass and my neighbor's grass because of the transporting of shrubs and plants. Because of this my neighbor and I no longer speak to one another. The sod was replaced but only after much grief. I don't know if this is just part and parcel for this industry but for the prices that they charge it definitely is a disgrace.

I think you should let us know who the landscaper is so we don't fall victim to his poor operation and management. Simply because he knows where to place plants does not make him a reliable contractor. It isn't fair to this forum not knowing his name. Just my 2 cents...