View Single Post

Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Sage

This property is behind my house. Since 2011 I have followed its development closely. Here is an email that I sent to my neighbors whose homes also border the property:

March 20, 2015
There isn't anything on the agenda for the March 23 meeting of the Wildwood City Commission that pertains directly to the Word property (east half of the pasture) or the Beaumont property (west half).

However there is a little background information in a report that is in the agenda packet.

There is a report titled, Development Services Project Update, March 2015. It appears that this is a summary that updates the Commission on the statuses for all developments within the City of Wildwood, and is published every six months.

Regarding the Word property (Trailwinds Village), the document states: Utility extensions in progress. Improvement and Final Plat plans are on hold. The property is currently available for sale; further changes to existing development plans may be forthcoming pending the outcome. Plans may be considered abandoned after May 8, 2015 without further action on the plans as submitted.

It surprised me to read that the Word property is for sale again. But after thinking about it, I guess it matches what we learned in February from the Wildwood assistant city manager. He wrote in an email that The Villages had approached Wildwood and is interested in developing 200 acres of the combined 300 acres of the Word (Trailwinds Village) and Beaumont properties. The Trailwinds folks and The Villages are working on a potential deal. If the Wildwood City Commission agrees to the terms of the agreement, The Villages will develop the property as residential with a golf course, leaving the remaining 100 acres or so for Trailwinds to develop.

It also appears that Beaumont has already sold the sod in his pasture to The Villages. Equipment has been seen harvesting the sod. Recently a Tamarind Grove resident followed a truck which transported a load of sod to The Villages of Fruitland Park where it was delivered to a pond area.