Thread: How Crowded?
View Single Post

Old 03-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,950 Times in 4,147 Posts

I think "overcrowded" is a matter of perspective. I am originally from central long Island, which has turned into one giant megapolis. Restaurant lines--hours, movies--you might not get in, golf---excluding private clubs which cost a fortune, there are 9 18 hole courses and 4 9 hole courses, with residency restrictions for a population of 2.7 million.
I now live in a town of 35,00 with 2 18 hole courses in a 7 mile radius and 2 grocery stores
So, from my point of view, 12 championship and 35 executive courses, 10 or so grocery stores, 3 movie theaters, dozens of restaurants, boutiques, and the like (as well as enough Walgreen's, nail salons, and First Citizen's Banks to service the state of TEXAS lol) for 80-110K residents is like a ghost town.
I was down there in Feb, as well as last Oct--the difference was noticeable but nothing draconian. I don't really see the difference between a town of 10K with 1 grocery store and 100K with 10 stores as far as crowding is concerned, and with size restaurants and stores are readily available. Try finding any of the big box or department stores in a town of 10K. And everything can be a golf cart ride away!
Maybe I'll think differently when I'm full time this fall, but for now, just sayin'