Thread: Stonecrest
View Single Post

Old 03-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
OK. I've read it all and heard it all before so here is all about Stonecrest. I don't comment to the nonsense any more life is too short. I have lived here for now going over 10 years. Stonecrest is a typical Florida Retirement Community. Everything inside the fence is owned and maintained by the residents, including the roads. So when we get a sink hole in one of our streets we open our check book, not call the county. It is different then the Villages in the fact that it is not a Community Development District. There were no bonds to pay for the infrastructure. The day to day running of the community is done by a management company. The Developer is pretty much done with his portion and now the lots belong to Armstrong Homes. Armstrong is the only builder here in Stonecrest. They have just opened the last section for construction and already there are about 3 homes starting to be built. The community is now run by a Board of Directors elected by the residents. Cash flow is good and amenity fees are $106 per month. For that fee we have 3 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool, Tennis Courts, the only lighted Pickle Ball Courts in the area, Bocce Ball, Shuffle Board, Softball field, 2 community centers, hot tub, Gym, Library, and a number of clubs just not as many as the villages. When the building is done I believe there will be 2280 homes in the community. Its a quiet place with some traffic but not excessive. The golf course and Country Club are privately owned and the new owner is doing a great job with the restaurant. By the way the Restaurant and Golf Club are open to the public an all are welcome. Just tell the guard at the gate that is where you are headed and they will issue you a pass. We have two gates that allow you to go directly to Walmart via cart, very convenient, sometimes too convenient. From there you can take the dirt path and go to a number of restaurants on the East side of 441/27 and Lowes and all the way down to I believe its the Infamous Paradise Gate. If you care to invest in a street legal golf cart you can cross 441/27 and get to Spanish Springs and all the commercial restaurants there also. I don't see the economics there to purchase one of these over priced vehicles but some have. If I were to invest that much money I'd buy a small auto. I can use it more. But to each his own. I moved here because I wanted to be in a home with a view. The only place I could do that and stay with in my budget is where I live now. I also was turned off by the marketing tactics that were being used to get me to buy in the Villages. Anyway old history. The Villages are very nice communities. If it were not for the Morse Family, and especially the late Gary Morse none of this style of commercial amenities would exist in the area. That's about it. I'd be more then happy to entertain any additional questions, ya all have a nice day.
You have a nice day as well! I'm happy you are pleased with your home and community. We all deserve that, no matter where we choose to live.