Thread: recommendations
View Single Post

Old 03-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
my husband and I just completed a week lifestyle preview and we are sold on the community, but definitely not the restaurants we ate at while here. Granted we didn't eat out that much, but didn't have one really good meal out: We ate at toojays for breakfast i ordered poached eggs on english muffin. the eggs came like boiled out of the shell (hard and cold). Requested a redo and received them perfect. Lighthouse, had the shrimp over grits...won't order that again there...more sauce than either of the other two items. Margaritas in Spanish Springs: Fajitas. The tortillas where delivered to the table about 10 mins before receiving the chicken and the little bit of grilled peppers and onions and consequently were quite cool...the wine was good. Then had portobello sirloin at Longhorn Steakhouse...it was so sinuous, took it home for my dog, but the baked sweet potato was really good, baked just right...carmelized, not steamed in foil. The last place was the Country Club at MalloryHill (?) I had steamed mussels and another baked sweet potato (it was steamed in foil), but the mussels were good. This was our best dining experience. We are hopeful we just picked the bottom establishments and the best are yet to be experienced. We are not fans of fried, greasy, or cheese covered foods. Love beautifully prepared food of all (most) nationalities. Suggestions with why you like it would be most appreciated. Thanks.
You were able to bring your dog to a lifestyle visit?