View Single Post

Old 03-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You may be able to save some money on your CenturyLink bill. I pay $46/month for 40 megabits/sec download including the router lease and all taxes/fees. I use a voice-over-IP phone (Ooma) that runs an additional $3.50/month (taxes and 911 fee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've had Directv since 2008. I'm a Ravens fan and live full time in TV and have never missed a Ravens game on TV. If it wasn't for NFL Sunday Ticket then I wouldn't be able to say that. I'm not into going to bars to watch my team or to cheer with other fans. If you're not a football fan or if you're into spending only $80 or so a month on TV then go with Brighthouse. If you like the NFL and want 150 HD channels and want a DVR (Genie) that can hold a 1000 hours and records 5 programs at once, then go with Directv, you get what you pay for. Even if you just a little bit of an NFL fan, on Sunday at 4:00 and you're only games on channel 6 and 35 to choose from is either Tampa Bay or Jacksonville and you know Green Bay and Dallas is on somewhere, then you need NFL Sunday Ticket.

I have the Premiere package which means I have everything, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, TMC and Encore, plus the HD tier. Which is Sony, MGM, HDNet and a few others, which gives me about 50 commercial free movie channels in HD. I also have the internet hookup and can watch thousands of titles free from their library. Basically I can never watch all that I record, I have Netflix and haven't looked at that in two months. My bill runs about $150 a month, of course it goes up during football season but I also call and negotiate at times and usually they give me something, they are very flexible.

I've been with Century Link since 2011 and have landline home phone and internet. I have the two together with 10 mpbs speed, which I think is the highest Century Link offers in TV, and home phone with caller ID, call block and unlimited long distance. The Directv bill for everything is $59.99 a month, with tax it's $79, Florida is high on tax. In almost four years my internet has never been down, so I really can't help you with info on service since I've never needed it. I also only signed on initially for 12 months, that was 4 years ago so I'm pretty sure I don't have a contract and my rate and service has never changed. My Netflix works fine, so no problem with the speed.