View Single Post

Old 01-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Eternal Member
Default Urgent Care Facilities v. ER

What is the story on the Urgent Care facilities around this area? Are they associated with the TV Regional Medical Center or any other hospital organization? Are they staffed with the same type of staff as a hospital ER? Do they accept the same insurances? How do they handle patients who must be kept in the hospital for extended care? An ER just pushes your bed down the hall or puts you in an elevator. Does the Urgent Care place commit you directly to a hospital or must one go thru the ER process again? Is there an issue with specific doctors not supporting or being supported by the different facilities?

I ask these questions mainly to find out why someone would go to the ER when there is an Urgent Care shop close by. From comments I've heard, the ERs are always crowded and service is less than spectacular. On the other hand, evidently service is much more readily available at the Urgent Care facility.

Any comments???
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e