Thread: Stonecrest
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi Indy Guy My wife and I have a dispute about the issue of appreciation in TV...but its personal in that I do not believe my 2006 designer on a championship golf course has appreciated to even a breakeven point. I am tempted to call my original realtor for an assessment but then it opens the door and I very much like my house, my location and especially my neighbors whom I believe are just top shelf
I think you would be very surprised at your homes appreciation. I bought my court yard villa in 2012. 12 months later, I sold it for $50,000 more. 6 months later it sold again for 14,000 more. It is now for sale again for $133,000 more than I paid for it originally. That is all in a 2 1/2 year time frame. That's crazy, I know.

Have you looked at resales of your model on the villages site? Personally, I'm looking outside of TV because I feel that the prices here have gone unrealisticly too high. If they keep going up, I won't be able to afford to purchase here.

When I initially was looking at homes here, the colony patio villa was $139,000. That was in 2011. New ones now are $189,000. That's ridiculous.