View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
Very smart move. We explored (mostly via the internet) for four years and concluded TV was the best fit for US. We did look at several surrounding communities and many were beyond our comfortable price range. If I am not confused the biggest turn off for top of the world was that you buy your house but lease the land.
Regarding Top of the World - that was our biggest turn off as well and the reason we didn't even go for a visit. We did visit Solivita and also Lake Ashton which is in Lake Wales, FL. Both were very nice communities. The residents we met in Solivita were very nice and welcoming.The community itself is also nice as well as the facilities. My husband especially liked their newest fitness center and pool. The thing we didn't like was the overall location - to get groceries, etc you would have to go out of the community and I didn't feel comfortable in some of the surrounding areas. The traffic was also a turn off. On the other hand, Lake Ashton was just the opposite as far as congestion/traffic, but there was little to nothing nearby. Ironically, when we were there, we met a couple that was moving down from The Villages. The only reason they expressed for the move was that they wanted a larger, custom built house. Personally, I couldn't relate because at this stage of my life, the house is the least of my concerns, but to each his own. Good luck in your search, ADR. There are plenty of places to look at and as long as you have the time to do so, I'd say check out as many as possible, but do spend some time (at least a month if you can) in TV as there is so much to see and do here. Honestly, the other places I probably would have been bored after a week or 2.