Thread: Stonecrest
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I understand what you are stating. I have been told that 2006 was the top year for sales of new homes in The villages. There was a waiting list for many models and people purchased homes that they had not even seen. This may sound silly but many very well educated people that I know did exactly this.

Homes in my Villa section that were purchased in 2005 were flipped for as much as $70,000. more than they were purchased for a year earlier.

I have a friend that purchased in early 2006 after she sold her previous home. Her home that she sold up north is now worth about $60,000 less than she sold it for and her Villages home is worth about $10,000 more that she purchased it for in 2006. She is well ahead of the game. The looser is the buyer of her home up north.

My main point about appreciation is that no one has still stated any facts about the appreciation of homes in Stonecrest. No one has stated that they are aware of anyone that purchased and sold at any margin of gain. I feel that some may have and many have not. I could be incorrect.
Just might be we are not interested in flipping houses. You can make more money by investing wisely then flipping houses. When you add up all the real cost of owning a home the actual return on capital invested is not what you think.