View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Gold member

I've had excellent stylists at Root 466 (now Salon Jaylee), and at the Colony location of Salon Jaylee. For several years I watched closely all the other stylists around the one I had at the time (they come and go or move to another location within the group, or leave completely). Always saw excellent work being done and I had excellent work done.

HOWEVER….the prices are far too high for the more experienced stylists, and I got tired of the constant pushing of expensive products after they got rid of Redken, Pureology and other known lines. The salon's own brand is pretty good, but not that great considering the prices.

I wonder if there is a booth-rental type salon around here, where stylists who've left the bigger salons now work on their own. They, too, get tired of pushing expensive products and not getting a large enough portion of the charges they bring in for hair styling.

I don't like leaving the salon feeling like "I've been HAD!". I am sure there are many other former clients who feel that way too.