View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 03:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
With so much nonsense posted on this forum (racist this, racist that), the above post was worth repeating as an excellent, well written, and well thought out post on this subject matter. My thoughts on this matter are very similar. Unfortunately, I feel that the university missed out on a real opportunity to educate these students (pun intended). Yes, consequences need to be paid, but I do not believe that expulsion was the most intelligent first choice. I would rather they had been made to do some type of community service or other activity to hopefully educate them as to their ignorance. Give people a chance to right their wrongs, especially at this young and impressionable age - give them an opportunity to see things from a different perspective and hopefully change their thinking and attitudes. Then, if these students continue to cause similar problems on campus, go ahead and expel them. I just think it was a missed opportunity by the university to perhaps make a difference - too bad.
Excellent post(s) .. thanks 😊